Is Residential Treatment in San Antonio the Right Choice for Me?
Addiction is a chronic and progressive disease that requires extensive treatment to recover from. While 10% of the population struggles with addiction, 75% of them never receive the help they need.
If you or a loved one suffers from addiction, the best and most intensive option for treatment is residential rehab programs. These facilities allow you to live on-site while you receive treatment, ensuring that you have access to support whenever you need it. Additionally, they offer individualized treatment plans that include services like medical detox, evidence-based therapies, relapse prevention, and more.
While residential rehab is the most effective option for addiction treatment, it might not be right for everyone. As a result, you should always research your options to determine whether one of these programs is best suited to your needs.
Residential addiction treatment in San Antonio is best suited for people who suffer from moderate to severe substance use disorders, would benefit from 24/7 monitoring and support, and can dedicate the time they need to attend treatment full-time.
What is Residential Treatment?
Residential treatment might also be referred to as inpatient rehab. This type of addiction treatment program requires clients to reside at the facility while they receive treatment. Typically, residential rehab programs in San Antonio last anywhere from 30 to 90 days.
During a residential addiction treatment program, you can expect to participate in the following services:
- An intake and assessment process to create an individualized treatment plan
- Medical detox to ensure you remain stable and comfortable throughout the withdrawal phase of recovery
- Evidence-based therapies on both an individual and group basis to address the root causes of your addiction
- Holistic services like yoga and meditation to help you recover emotionally, physically, and spiritually
- Nutrition counseling to help your body heal from the long-term effects of substance abuse
- Psychoeducational support groups that allow you to understand the science of addiction and how it impacts you and those around you
- Relapse prevention planning to provide you with the tools and support you need to maintain long-term recovery
- Aftercare support services that keep you connected with your recovery program after you complete treatment
As you can see, residential addiction treatment centers in San Antonio offer a wide range of services to help their clients achieve and maintain long-term sobriety. These programs can be effective for many different types of people, however, you must be able to take time off of work to fully immerse yourself in the program.
Who Should Attend Residential Treatment in San Antonio?
While anyone can benefit from attending residential treatment in San Antonio, some people might need this type of rehab more than others. For example, someone with a history of relapses would require the separation residential treatment offers from everyday triggers you experience during independent living.
If you relate to the following statements, residential treatment is the right choice for you:
- You struggle with a moderate to severe substance use disorder
- You have a co-occurring mental health condition that requires treatment
- You have tried outpatient rehab before and were not successful
- You want an immersive recovery experience
- You have experienced a relapse in the past
- You do not have safe or supportive housing to live in during treatment
- You would be less likely to relapse if you had 24/7 access to professional support
- You require medical detox services that can make withdrawal safer and more comfortable
While residential treatment is the best option for addiction recovery, some people might not be able to make the time commitment necessary. To explain, you cannot continue working while you attend inpatient rehab. This means if taking time off of work is not feasible, you might want to consider an outpatient treatment center.
What are the Benefits of Residential Rehab?
Residential treatment in San Antonio offers many advantages, from safe housing and constant access to support to balanced daily schedules that make it easier to focus on one day at a time.
However, one of the most noteworthy benefits of these treatment programs is higher rates of success. Since you are completely separated from outside triggers during the early stages of recovery, your chances of relapsing will be lowered significantly.
Other benefits of residential addiction treatment in San Antonio include:
- 24/7 access to support from mental health professionals
- Individualized treatment planning
- Living with a community of peers who can offer support and advice
- Safe and supportive housing and a substance-free environment
- Separation from outside triggers
- Access to medical detox services and safe prescribing methods
- Options for co-occurring disorder treatment
- Structured daily schedules and supervision
- The ability to completely focus on recovering from addiction
Get Connected to a Top-Rated Residential Rehab Center in San Antonio
If you or a loved one struggles with a substance use disorder, residential treatment in San Antonio might be the right choice for you. At Alamo Behavioral Health, we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of support possible, increasing your chances of long-term sobriety.
To learn more about our residential rehab program, contact us today.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH): 10 percent of US adults have drug use disorder at some point in their lives, Retrieved January 2024 From https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/10-percent-us-adults-have-drug-use-disorder-some-point-their-lives